Is it possible to feel fullness? What things can we do to experience a full life? A full life is linked with love and enjoyment for life and the ability to enjoy the present without situations that generate concern.
Start by adopting some of the following principles to help you develop a healthier, fuller lifestyle.
- Give yourself a few minutes of silence to connect with the divine and with you. Benefit from a conscious walk in nature, where you can experiment with all your senses.
- Enjoy a healthy diet. Include in your daily intake foods from all groups, especially: fresh fruits and vegetables five times a day. Take a break of 3 minutes before eating, at one of your meals, and inhale its aroma and recognize the sensations that wake up in your body.
- Recharge your energy through a restful sleep of 6-8 hours. Even people disconnecting for a while work better again.
- Practice the respect. It is the fundamental principle from which acceptance, tolerance, inclusion and love arise. His absence represses the human being preventing him from reaching a positive and full state.
- Lives in mindfulness. Conscious and focused on the present moment, controlling the situations that generate unrest.
- Identify a hobby and discover the healing power it offers. According to research from the National Institute of Health (NIH) 2010, hobbies help reduce stress levels, improve sleep, cognitive function, reduce blood pressure and offer greater feelings of happiness.
- Give thanks. Expressing gratitude gives us satisfaction. The daily habit of giving thanks makes us aware of the details and enriches life.
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day. Some examples are: walking, jogging, swimming, running, walking pets, among others.
Offer yourself the opportunity to enjoy small moments honestly; living in harmony with everyone and with oneself. Allow yourself to disconnect and get out of the routine to connect with you and continue the journey.
By: Tania Mangual-Monzón, MS, BHE