We are all learning to live new experiences that have changed our daily routine. This new reality invites us to exploit our creativity to create a new routine that helps us create a balance between our physical, mental and spiritual health. Staying active while you are at home can facilitate coexistence between family members and help those who are alone. Learn about some alternatives that can help you stay in balance during all the changes we are experiencing.
- Establish a schedule to take advantage of time and mark the new routine.
- Avoid over information, limit the time you spend in the media (social networks, newspapers, TV, among others).
- Take time to do mandatory tasks such as cleaning the house, preparing food, taking care of family members, among others.
- Get in touch with family, friends and loved ones.
- Take the time to learn something new.
- Read, listen to music, paint, practice an instrument, and enjoy movies or television series.
- Do some type of exercise such as jumping the rope, jumping jack, pilates or yoga.
- Identify a space to connect with your spirituality.
Take advantage of this time to do things that you did not do before. Staying informed through reliable sources can help you control anxiety. Access the CDC, (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), WHO (World Health Organization) or the Puerto Rico Department of Health. Remember that nothing is eternal, and everything happens, even the COVID-19. #EsteVirusLoParamosUnidos / #Westopthisvirustogether
For information about COVID-19 call 787.999.6202 24 hours a day.
By: Tania Mangual-Monzón, MS